Welcome to Kippax Uniting Church
The Uniting Church is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. We are connected by a single story, worshipping every week in more than 40 languages.
We are a fellowship of reconciliation, living God’s love and acting for the common good to build a just and compassionate community.
Kippax is both a modern, vibrant Uniting Church and one of the significant community service agencies in the ACT.
As a church we are an open, inclusive community of diverse people who believes that God’s love and grace extends to all people regardless of race, gender, marital status, nation of origin, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, economic status, religion or any other label placed upon people. No matter where you are on your spiritual journey you are welcome in the life and ministry of Kippax.
As a community service agency, we run a variety of programs, funded from a number of sources, to assist the people of the ACT who struggle with issues of low income, housing stress, relationship problems, and social disadvantage.
Our mission is to create a loving, nurturing community, growing a deeper faith in God through Christ Jesus.
Canberra is the capital city of Australia. With a population of 403,468, it is Australia's largest inland city and the eighth-largest city overall. The city is located at the northern end of the Australian Capital Territory, 280 km south-west of Sydney.
Kippax is located in the suburb of Holt and is part of West Belconnen, in the north west of Canberra.
Kippax Uniting Church & UnitingCare Kippax
- Minister: Rev Karyl Davison
- Community Relationships Minister: Rev Aimee Kent
- UnitingCare Executive Officer: Meg Richens
Click here to donate:
- Sunday 9am An opportunity to meet God in joyful, reflective worship. It includes times of meditation, responsive participation, traditional hymns and choruses. Communion is usually on the 3rd Sunday of the month.
- Sunday 10:30am The 10.30 service is a time of community worship giving the opportunity for different responses to the day’s reading. Respond with creativity, with conversation or verbal reflection. Communion is generally on the 3rd Sunday when we remain together for the whole service.
- Monthly Sunday Lunch On the first Sunday of the month from 11.45am we have a community lunch, often a BBQ outdoors in fine weather or soup and rolls indoors during winter. These are great times together, relaxing over a meal.